You are here
Oniqua to Present “Using Analytics for Optimizing MRO Spares Inventory Levels” at Minexcellence Conference
Oniqua Intelligent MRO, the leader in MRO materials management optimization for asset-intensive industries, today announced it will present a paper on the topic of MRO inventory optimization at the upcoming Minexcellence conference, which will be held March 30 – April 1, 2016 at the Hotel Grand Hyatt, Santiago, Chile.
For maintenance, repair and operations (MRO) practitioners, MRO analytics provide a powerful inventory optimization tool that enhances efficiency, cuts inventory costs, helps drive MRO performance and contributes to organizational profitability. During the interactive session attendees will explore inventory optimization and its effect on operational efficiencies within the Mining sector.
The session will be led by Lindsay Clarke, Vice President, Strategic Accounts, Oniqua. Specific topics to be discussed include:
- The MRO Materials Management challenge
- The ABCs of MRO Inventory Optimization: optimization is a journey – getting there requires four fundamental steps
- Assessing your current inventory: Things to consider, including:
- Is current situation acceptable?
- What inventory KPIs are in place?
- Does periodic review of stocking decision occur?
- Does periodic investment recovery for surplus and obsolescence occur?
- Where is improvement needed?
- Results of inventory optimization, which include:
- Decreased inventory holdings and inventory turnover
- Improved service levels
- Avoid costly stock-outs
- Reduced write-offs of surplus and obsolete stock
- Reduced internal administrative costs and improved supplier performance
Minexcellence will provide a forum where mining executives and professionals can analyze, critically reflect as well as share knowledge and experiences on management models, business strategies and optimization methods for improving performance and reducing costs, sustainably over time. These are of great relevance for the success of the global mining industry and for achieving world class performance in the areas of health and safety, environmental stewardship, productivity, quality, reliability, continuous improvement, technology innovation and human capital.
Oniqua is proud to serve many of the world’s leading energy and resources companies, including BHP Billiton, ConocoPhillips, Exxon, Dow, BP, Newmont Mining, Rio Tinto, American Electric Power, Tennessee Valley Authority, Nebraska Public Power District and many others.
Oniqua is owned by international oilfield support services company ASCO. The company employs over 2,500 people in four key regions, and offers a wide range of services including inventory and materials management, offshore supply base management, onshore oilfield support, environmental services, personnel and training, advisory and technical services as well as fuel services.
For more information on the Minexcellence Conference, please visit https://gecamin.com/minexcellence/english/
For more information on Oniqua Intelligent MRO, visit www.oniqua.com.